Stephens County Community Paramedicine
Purpose & Goals of the Stephens County Paramedicine Program
The Community Paramedicine Program was designed to meet the specific needs of the citizens of Stephens County and surrounding counties served by Stephens County Hospital.
The program will encompass medical, spiritual, psychological, socioeconomic, environmental, and home safety issues.
Community Home Visits
The Community Paramedic and Nurse will schedule a home visit at the request of case management, primary care physicians, hospitalist, or patient/family. Paramedicine personnel will follow guidelines outlined by physician’s orders or protocol. We will keep physicians up-to-date with progress or any changes.
Our trained paramedic team is equipped to assist with and/or treat typical diseases and illnesses that may include: Congestive Heart Failure, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Diabetes, Wounds, Stroke, Mental Health, Hypertension, and Asthma.
Benefits of a Paramedic Program in Northeast GA
This paramedic program in Northeast GA was created and designed to serve the needs of the community at large. Our team works together to enrich our community by
- Meeting the needs of an underserved population and ensure optimal health for all patients.
- Ensure that citizens have access to adequate and timely healthcare where they live and work in Stephens County.
The medical program also helps to provide resources and ensure efficient hospital waits and stays by:
- Minimizing frequent users of 911 dispatch and decreasing unnecessary ambulance transports.
- Reducing emergency department overcrowding.
- Reducing re-admission rates.
If you or someone you know would benefit from this program please call 678-997-7318.