The Community Paramedicine Program was designed to meet the specific needs of the citizens of Stephens County and those served by Stephens County Hospital.
The program will encompass medical, spiritual, psychological, socioeconomic, environmental, and home safety issues.
The Community Paramedic and Nurse will schedule a home visit at the request of a primary care physicians, hospitalist, or patient/family. Paramedicine personnel will follow
guidelines outlined by physician’s orders or protocol. We will keep physicians up-to-date with progress or any changes.
Typical diseases/illnesses include: Congestive Heart Failure, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Diabetes, Wounds, Stroke, Mental Health, Hypertension, and Asthma.
- Meets the needs of the underserved population and ensures optimal health for all patients.
- Ensures that citizens have access to adequate and timely healthcare.
- Minimizes frequent users of 911 dispatch and decreases unnecessary ambulance transports.
- Reduces emergency department overcrowding.
- Reduces re-admission rates.