Hospitalist Care in Stephens County
What is a Hospitalist?
A Hospitalist is a dedicated in-patient physician who works exclusively in a hospital. Stephens County Hospital’s Hospitalist Program consists of a team of Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Patient Information Coordinators who have chosen to focus their care on patients in our Toccoa, GA hospital. In keeping with Stephens County Hospital’s tradition of care, the Hospitalist team provides professional, compassionate and respectful care to all our patients.
Referrals to Stephens County Hospitalist Program
If your Primary Care Physician admits you into the Stephens County hospital, they can refer you to the care of our expert Hospitalist Program. However, a referral is not required. If you do not have a Primary Care Physician, your care will be provided by our Hospitalists.
There are many advantages of being under the care of a Hospitalist. Our Hospitalist team specializes in treating hospitalized patients and is an extension of your Primary Care Physician and their team.
Benefits of Having Hospitalist Care in Stephens County:
- Hospitalists are experts in treating illness in the hospital
- The Hospitalist's Office is located inside the hospital, making their location both convenient and easily accessible for our patients
- Hospitalists are here 24/7 and provide around the clock care. No matter what you or your loved one is dealing with, our expert team can provide quality care, no matter what time of day.
- Hospitalists coordinate daily care with your (the patient’s) Primary Care Physician
- Hospitalists coordinate daily care with nursing staff, ensuring all team members are up to date and on the same page
- Hospitalists are available to see a patient more than once a day if needed
- Hospitalists are readily available to meet with family members
- Hospitalists provide immediate follow-up on same-day testing, allowing you to get your results faster
- Hospitalists work to facilitate communication between different Physicians who may be caring for a patient
- Hospitalists are available to discharge patients throughout the day and evening