If you’ve been sidelined by a painful sports injury, call Stephens County Orthopedics, Dr. Christopher Vaughn specializes in treating physically active and athletic people of all ages in Stephens County. Our experienced medical team also provides orthopedic care for local college athletes, as well as those from multiple high schools and middle schools in the northeast Georgia area.
Some of the most common sports injuries we see and treat include:
- Knee ligament tear (ACL, MCL, LCL)
- Shoulder dislocation
- Acromioclavicular (AC) separation (the joint that connects the shoulder blade to the collarbone)
- Rotator cuff tear (group of muscles and tendons that stabilize the shoulder)
- Meniscal (cartilage) tear
- Ankle sprain
- Achilles tendon rupture
- Tennis elbow
- Hamstring strain
- Tennis elbow
- Golfer’s elbow
- Shin splints
- Iliotibial band syndrome (band of tissue that extends from the hip to the knee)
- Patellar (kneecap) tendonitis
Dr. Vaughn primarily focuses on treating sports injuries affecting the shoulder and knee. His #1 goal is your goal: to get you back to the activities you enjoy as quickly and safely as possible. Most of the time treatment involves physical therapy or other conservative method and surgery is not necessary. But when surgery is the best course of action, Dr. Vaughn is an expert in minimally invasive, arthroscopic treatment of the knee and shoulder as well as joint replacement surgery.
The providers at Stephens County Orthopedics have helped hundreds of people recover from sports injuries and reclaim their lifestyles. Let us help you, too. To schedule an appointment, call us today in Toccoa at (706) 282-5845.