Family Nurse Practitioner /Physician Assistant
The Staff Physician/Provider provides health assessment and direct care to patients as part of the provider team providing services to Stephens County Hospital patients.
Must be in possession of a valid license to practice in the State of Georgia.
Board Certified/Eligible in specialty.
Have a thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of medicine and allied services commensurate with training.
• Understands and follows SCH’s “Mission Statement”, “Code of Ethics”, organizational policies, and structure.
- Provides urgent primary care using generally accepted standards of practice. The physician develops a plan of care for each patient, including complete history, physical examination, diagnosis, appropriate treatment and /or referral, used all available resources in an appropriate and cost efficient manner.
- Confers with consulting physicians, midlevel providers, nurses, support staff, patients, and families concerning treatment and care of patients. Makes appropriate specialty and sub-specialty referrals, but maintains responsibility, assuring continuing of care.
- Participates in regular scheduled coverage.
- Participates in health promotion/disease prevention activities. Stresses the importance of preventive health care measures.
- Participates in quality improvement/assurance activities.
- Completes records in adequate professional detail, and in a timely and legible manner.
- Other duties as assigned by the Medical Director, and/or SCH’s Administration staff, to meet the goal of providing excellent health care.
- Maintains and acquires knowledge and skills to perform required duties to meet all hospital, state, organizational and licensure requirements.
- Follows established guidelines for use and/or disclosure of protected health information. Employees should report any breaches of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) rules to the Privacy Officer immediately. Failure to comply with HIPAA policies and procedures will result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.