Sleep Lab Technologist/Respiratory Therapist
The Sleep Lab Technologist/Respiratory Therapist is responsible for administering testing, monitoring patients during testing and performing general housekeeping duties in the Sleep Lab. In addition the Sleep Lab Technologist/Respiratory Therapist is responsible to render respiratory care procedures as required. The therapist may perform bronchodilators and oxygen therapy, airway management, and pulmonary hygiene techniques, diagnostic procedures and patient education.
- Completion of training in an AMA-approved school of Respiratory Therapy
- Advanced education in sleep technology, and the ability to either possess or be eligible for the Registry exam for sleep medicine administered by the BRPT
- BLS certification within first month of employment
- Current Georgia Respiratory Care Practitioners (RCP) license
- Certification by the NBRC for either RRT and/or RSPGT or SDS
- Prior experience in polysomnography and Respiratory Care