Labor & Delivery
At Stephens County Hospital Women’s Center, our team is committed to guiding and supporting you throughout your journey to motherhood. Led by our team of experts, Dr. Kathryn McKinney, Dr. Tony Castro-Poveda and Midwife Amy Ledford, our full-service team and center are here to provide you the best possible birthing experience.
New Impressions Maternal Services is our wing dedicated to the care of new moms and babies. From conception to delivery, Stephens County Hospital will provide compassionate and quality care every step of the way.
About Our Labor & Delivery Center
- Childbirth Education Classes: We offer Childbirth Education Classes that combine prenatal education, prepared childbirth, surgical birth preparation, and infant care while in the hospital. This is not a Lamaze-only class. We do, however, prepare you for labor and give you breathing and relaxation techniques.
- Full-Service Team of Experts: Our team is made up of Obstetricians, Gynecologists, Certified Nurse Midwives, Pediatricians, Anesthesiologists, and specially trained Staff Nurses to provide you and baby comprehensive care.
- Birth Plans: We encourage you to share your wishes with us so that we can accommodate your birthing plans and choices for a truly special experience.
- Birthing Suites: In the New Impressions Maternal Services wing, we offer comfortable, private rooms with a variety of conveniences for new families.
- Rooming-In Philosophy: As part of our rooming-in-philosophy, babies are kept with their mom throughout their stay. However, should you desire extra res, our team is available to care for your newborn.
- Breastfeeding Specialists: We promote breastfeeding but know it can be difficult for many new moms. We provide education and support to new Moms with ten Certified Breastfeeding Counselors on staff.
- Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU): Our facility has a Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Level II means that we are equipped and knowledgeable in the stabilization and care of newborns requiring medical intervention. From stabilizing the extremely premature to caring for infants born with special needs, our specialized staff is here.
Women's Center Tour
For an inside look through our Women’s Center at Stephens County Hospital, take a look at the video below.
To learn more about our Labor & Delivery services at Stephens County Hospital or to speak to one of our friendly team members, contact us today.
- Phone: (706) 282-4200
- Address: 163 Hospital Road, Toccoa, GA 30577
We welcome visitors! However, due to infection control issues, we must ask that any children who have signs or symptoms of an illness please wait in our lobby.
Visitation Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.