Staff Nurse (LPN ) - Senior Behavioral Health
Licensed Practical Nurse
Job Description, Duties, and Requirements
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for direct and indirect nursing care to patients.
Licensure / Certification:
- Current Georgia License as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse
- BLS Certification to be obtained within first month of employment
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situation
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Adhere to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Complete annual education requirements.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Wear identification while on duty.
- Maintain regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and local regulations.
- Represent the organization in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards regarding ethical business practices.
- Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Attend regular staff meetings and in-services as needed.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
- May need to stand for 6-8 hours at a time.
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment