Our goal in Cardiac Rehab is to support and strengthen patients who have experienced a cardiac an event or if you have stable chest pain. We combine exercise, education and socialization in an effort to cultivate healthy lifestyle habits and maintain the highest level of function.
A: You must be referred by a physician. Our staff can help facilitate the referral process all you have to do is let us know your physician.
- Heart attack
- Coronary artery bypass graft aka open heart surgery
- Angioplasty or coronary stents
- Heart valve surgery
- Stable chest pain
- Heart transplant
A: Cardiac rehab can help you recover from a heart attack or other major heart problem or help improve your quality of life if you have long-term heart disease, such as chronic angina. Cardiac rehab can also help you prevent future heart problems if you are at high risk for heart disease or heart attack. Studies have shown that people of any age can benefit from a rehab program, but this is especially true for older adults, women, and people who are at higher risk for developing heart failure. Cardiac rehab can also help you return to work safely and in a timely manner.
A: The many benefits of cardiac rehab include:
- Lower risk of fatal heart attack.
- Decreased severity of chest pain; decreased need for medicines to control chest pain.
- Reduced need for hospital stays and emergency room visits for heart problems.
- Decreased blood pressure.
- Reduced shortness of breath and fatigue in people with heart failure.
- Ability to exercise longer (increased exercise tolerance).
- Improved cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Reduced emotional stress, depression, and anxiety.
- Significant weight loss when exercise is combined with other changes in lifestyle, such as eating a balanced diet.
A:Cardiac Rehab is 18-36 visits and each visit lasts about 1 hour
A:This is determined by your risk factors for heart disease.
A: Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Class times flexible.
A: Insurance coverage may vary but usually with the appropriate diagnosis insurance does cover Cardiac Rehab.
A: Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
A: We encourage all patients to have an exercise plan in place prior to discharge. We offer a maintenance class for all graduates.